We want YOU!
Are you an honest, hardworking individual who would like to work within a diverse community with strong community support? If so, then the Pottstown Police Department is right for you!
From the Chief, Mick Markovich:
I would like to personally thank you for showing an interest in the Pottstown Police Department. The hiring process is demanding but so is the job of a police officer. If you think you have what it takes to be a Pottstown Police Officer, please follow the steps below. I look forward to the possibility of working with you at the completion of the process. I’ll see you at the written exam!
About the Department
- 46 full-time sworn Officers and 13 civilian employees
- Largest Police Department in Western Montgomery County
- Four Divisions: Patrol, Detectives, Special Operations, Community Response (Narcotics)
- Opportunities to become a Bike Officer, Mass Incident Response Team Officer, Special Weapons and Tactics Officer, Drug Task Force Officer and more!
2023 starting salary is $71,344!
Top pay rate is $101,129.60!
Officer Wellness Program
Opportunities for advancement
Top tier medical coverage including vision and dental!
Up to 5 weeks paid vacation per year
12 paid holidays
4 personal days
Ability to accrue compensatory time off
Steps to Becoming a Pottstown Police Officer
- Register for Written Exam - Applications being accepted NOW!
- Written Exam
- Physical Agility
- Completion of full application
- Oral Boards
- Background Check
- Approval of Eligibility List