The Borough of Pottstown has partnered with ParkMobile to enable patrons to pay for Borough parking from their mobile device. The ParkMobile app and toll free number is now available at approximately 400 on-street and off-street spaces (PDF) across the Borough. Please note that the Borough of Pottstown accepts Visa, Discover, American Express, and MasterCard credit card payments only through the ParkMobile app.
How to use ParkMobile (video tutorial)
- Download the free app to your iPhone or Android device through your app store or by visiting https://parkmobile.io/. Please ensure that your phone’s internet connection, cellular data, and app data is switched on and that your phone is running the most current version of its operating system.
- Create an account, including name, contact information, e-mail address and password.
- Add a vehicle(s) by providing license plate number, and state in which the vehicle is registered.
- Add payment method. Please note that a maximum of two credit cards can be saved to the app. If you already have two credit cards saved tot he app and want to add a new credit card, you must first swipe left to delete any unwanted credit cards.
- You are now ready to use ParkMobile to pay for parking!
To Pay for Parking Using ParkMobile
- After downloading the app and setting up the account information, ensure that your phone’s internet connection, cellular data, and app data is switched on and that your phone is running the most current version of its operating system.
- Enter the zone number posted on a nearby ParkMobile sign, or by selecting the zone location from the ParkMobile map displayed on your phone. Your phone’s GPS location must be switched on to enable zone location through the app.
- Touch "Choose Duration" to enter the amount of time you would like to park.
- Next, enter hours and/or minutes and touch "Set Duration."
- Confirm that the duration is correct and touch "Continue."
- The next screen provides a summary of your parking duration, payment method, price, and vehicle. Touch "Start Parking" button if this information is correct, or touch "Change" to revise any of this information.
- Your payment is now confirmed for the duration selected. ParkMobile will send an alert when the parking session is about to expire so that you can easily extend your time.
Download the free app to your iPhone or Android device
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
|Technical Issues?||If you receive the message "unable to access server" or "check network connection" while using the app, make sure that your phone’s cellular data and app data ar both switched on and that you are running the most current version of your phone’s operating system|
|No smartphone?||Customers without smartphones also have the option to pay by credit card by dialing 1-877-727-5714|
|How do I get the first hour free?||Patrons MUST register and begin each parking session with ParkMobile in order to receive the first hour free for each parking session and to avoid violations - even if only parking for a short duration. The first hour free does NOT apply to kiosk users.|
|Additional Fees?||For those using ParkMobile, a fee of $0.35 per transaction applies - except for the first hour free.|
Tip: Add a few dollars using your credit card to your account by using ParkMobile Wallet. You can pay for multiple parking sessions and only have one $0.35 service fee for each wallet deposit.
|What about permits?||Those with parking permits are exempt from the time limit requirements and do not have to pay the metered rate. Permit applications can be obtained at Borough Hall, 100 E. High Street or online|
|What about privacy?||Please see ParkMobile’s user agreement where you can contact them to opt out of sharing information.|
|What about clients or visitors?||If clients or visitors do not want to register for the ParkMobile app individually, businesses are able to register for their clients (PDF) (tutorial link) on the ParkMobile app.|
|What if I don’t want to use ParkMobile?||Customers wishing to pay for parking by payment kiosk may pay at any kiosk located in the Borough and proceed to park in any metered space regardless if it is located on-street or in a public parking lot. The first hour free for on-street parking does not apply to kiosk users.|
Download the parking brochure.
Please see ParkMobile FAQ’s for additional information: https://support.parkmobile.io/hc/en-us/articles/222180708-FREQUENTLY-ASKED-QUESTIONS.