NOTICE July 2020: Due to ongoing restrictions caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, registration for Fall programming as listed below is temporarily on hold as we determine what options are available to us for hosting these programs and others. Please check back with us on this page or our Facebook Page for updates and developments.
Full Session Dance Classes
Registering in Fall for 2020-2021 Season
Parks and Recreation offers our long-running dance programs to the community with Instructor Miss Amber. Classes run September through the end of April with a winter break. Our course culminates with a dance recital on the stage at the Pottstown Middle School in the spring that proves everyone can be a star! Recital costumes are an additional cost and average $50.
- All classes are held in the Multipurpose room at Lincoln Elementary School, 461 N. York Street
- Ballet Classes $125 Residents / $135 Non-Residents
- Tap/Jazz Classes $145 Residents / $155 Non-Residents
- Advancement in all classes will depend on instructor’s assessment
Openings remain in the following Ballet Classes:
- Pre-School ages 3 to 5 (returning registrants only) - Monday evenings 6:45-7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate/Advanced ages 6 to 12 - Monday evenings 7:45-8:30 p.m.
- Beginners ages 6 to 12 - Tuesday evenings 7:00-7:30 p.m.
Openings remain in the following Tap/Jazz Classes:
- Pre-School ages 3 to 5 - Tuesday evenings 6:00-6:30 p.m.
- Beginners ages 6 to 12 - Tuesday evenings 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- Pre-School ages 3 to 5 (new registrants only) - Wednesday evenings 6:00-6:30 p.m.
- Pre-School ages 3 to 5 (returning registrants only) - Wednesday evenings 6:30-7:00 p.m.
Our tumbling class for new and younger students offers a fun approach to the fundamentals of gymnastics and the equipment.
- All classes run for 8 weeks
- Classes are held at Rupert Elementary School, 1230 South Street
- $60 Residents / $70 Non-Resident
- Ages 3 and 4 - Tuesday evenings 6:15-6:45 p.m.
- Ages 5 and 6 - Tuesday evenings 6:45-7:45 p.m.
Judo Classes for Children - Any Skill Level
Judo teaches the fundamental of self-defense, discipline, and self-confidence. Focus is placed on learning the proper application of throwing and grappling techniques in a safe and supportive environment.
Instructors: Fred Eddinger, 4th Degree Black Belt
Debbie Eddinger, 3rd Degree Black Belt
Richard Favinger, 1st Degree Black Belt
Times: 6:15-7:00 p.m. - Co-ed ages 8 to 12
Location: Rupert Elementary School Multi-Purpose Room, 1230 South Street
Cost: $105 Residents / $115 Non-residents for 12 week session