The Borough of Pottstown has approximately 70 miles of streets and 15 miles of alleys. 60 of the 70 miles are borough owned and the other 10 miles are state owned roads.
Report street problems, including pot holes and faded or damaged signs, to the Public Works Office at 610-970-6527.
2021 Paving Map, click here. 2021 Paving Plan, click here.
The following streets are state owned:
- High Street - Glasgow Street to Porter Road
- Manatawny Street - High Street to borough line, north of Reynolds Avenue
- State Street - Manatawny Street to borough line, north of Wilson Street
- Hanover Street - bridge over Schuylkill River to Farmington Avenue
- Farmington Avenue - Hanover Street to borough line, north of Wilson Street
- Charlotte Street - King Street to Mervine Street
- Armand Hammer Boulevard - Medical Drive to High Street
- King Street - Manatawny Street to Route 100
State Road Maintenance
Maintenance on state roads including potholes and snow removal should be reported to PennDot's hotline at 800-349-7623.
The Borough of Pottstown purchased the street light system from Philadelphia Electric Company in 1989. The borough owns and maintains approximately 1,800 street lights. The borough street lights are designed to light streets and alleys. All street lights are operated by electric eyes, which turn the light on when it gets dark and off in the morning when it gets light.
The Borough of Pottstown owns and operates 41 traffic lights. PennDot regulates all traffic lights in Pennsylvania as to layout, timing, location, and signage. Any changes to a signalized intersection requires Penndot approval.
Report street light and traffic light problems to Public Works Office at 610-970-6527.