Permits are required for the following:
- Building Permit (PDF) - Residential renovations, alterations, and accessory structures including decks, porches, and pools
- Building Permit (PDF) - Commercial new construction, renovations, alterations, and NEW Residential
- Change of Occupancy
- Grading Permit
- Curbing, sidewalk, driveways, and parking area installation or replacement (PDF)
- Zoning Permit (PDF) - Additions, accessory structures, home occupations
- Soliciting items for sale, conducting pamphlet / flyer distribution or are a Transient Retail Merchant (PDF)
- Temporary or Permanent Sign installation or replacement (PDF)
- Donation Bin Permit (PDF)
- Starting a Business: Commercial Mixed Use - This application is necessary whether relocating, considering a new business venture, or expanding into the Borough. It is also necessary prior to converting commercial uses to residential uses and vice versa, merging uses, etc.
- Starting a Business: Home Occupation
- Solar Installation Permitting Checklist (PDF)
- Rehabilitation Agreement (PDF)
- Stormwater Management Permit
- Outdoor Dining Permit
- Dumpster and POD Permit: For temporary placement, in an on-street parking space, of a trash dumpster, waste container, or bagster, and for storage containers, trailers, and POD's used for moving
Electrical Permits: $50.00 (+state fee)
Use & Occupancy Property Transfer – Residential: $135.00 per unit
Failure to Appear for Scheduled Inspection: $100.00
Additional Information for Applicants
Who may apply for permits:
- Permit applications may be applied for and obtained by the property owner, contractor and/or authorized agent.
- Plumbing permits must be applied for by the owner or a master plumber licensed by the Borough of Pottstown.