Building Code Information
- All permits must be obtained and fees paid prior to starting actual work. Fees are based on type, size, and cost of construction.
- Licensing and Inspections staff requires notice 24 hours in advance for all inspections.
- The contractor is responsible for notifying office for all inspections.
- Permit cards must be visibly displayed on job site.
- The building code official must be notified of all structural and/or plan changes in construction after the permit is issued.
- Final inspections must be made and a Certificate of Occupancy must be issued prior to occupation of any structure.
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining the necessary third party Underwriter electrical inspections and approvals, and provide proof of the same to the building code official.
- Construction must commence within six months from the date the permit is issued.
- Permit fees are non-refundable. Approved building plans must be available at the construction site at all times.
Building Permit Application
Applications for Building Permits should include the following:
- Description of proposed construction (dimensions, type and extent of work, materials)
- Estimated cost of construction
- Type of occupancy (e.g., residential, office, retail, etc.)
- Name, address, and telephone number of owner, contractor, and authorized agent
- Plot Plan indicating lot dimensions, proposed construction location, existing structures, and driveway
- Floor layout including dimensions
- All new construction for public, commercial, industrial, office, and multifamily uses must be reviewed by the Borough Planning Commission and approved by the borough council
General Building Guidelines Required by Outside Agencies
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Asbestos Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Asbestos Abatement (PDF)
- Demolition / Renovation Notification Announcement (PDF)
Mechanical Plan Submission Requirements
View the requirements (PDF)For more information, contact the Licensing and Inspections office at 610-970-6520.